Over at the Organizing Junkie, Laura hosts “Menu Plan Monday.” I thought I would join in this week. It’s kind of fun to see what other people are having and get some ideas to mix up your own menus a bit. No, they aren’t gluten and dairy free, but some ideas might spark a new recipe for you. Besides, the blogs are fun to check out!
Our menu this week (printable grocery list for this week’s dinners):
Monday: Beef stew (using left over pot roast) and a salad
Tuesday: My grandma’s calico beans (in the slow cooker) and blender cornbread
Wednesday: Broiled fish and steamed broccoli
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 15 oz. can gluten free baked beans
- 1 15 oz. can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed (my addition because they’re yummy)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup gluten free ketchup, fruit juice sweetened preferred
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared gluten free mustard
- Mix everything well in a slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low 4-6 hours until flavors are well blended. Serve with gluten free corn bread and a crispy green salad.
- Variation: I like to add a couple of cloves of minced garlic. You can also add a chopped green pepper.
Speaking of plans…how’s your cookbook plan going?
I will definitely be bookmarking your site.
Thanks for joining in!
Org Junkie, I had really enjoyed your site. I hope you can find some good ideas here for your son. Everything in my kitchen is gluten and dairy free (with rotation on eggs, nuts, and soy). The celiac divas rule the kitchen!
I did menu planning today too, but I don’t adhere to a schedule, I just have the list on the fridge and ingredients at hand. Tonight we had cornmeal crusted scallops, sauteed spinach and sweet potatoes. I have some cool stuff on the list to try:
Turkey and Bean Burritos
Asian BBQ Pork
Pork Fried Rice (with the pork)
Panko Ginger Salmon
Moghul Braised Chicken with Saffron Pilaf
Wheatberry Lentil Soup
Dig it!!! ;-)