G-ma’s Calico Beans
This is my adaption of the yummy dish my grammers made for potlucks, etc. Yum-o-lishious!
The Recipe: G-ma's Calico Beans
For our 6 quart crock pot, we usually double this to have extra for lunches and my son’s after school snack. He loves this!
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 strips cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 15 oz. can gluten free baked beans
- 1 15 oz. can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed (my addition because they’re yummy)
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup gluten free ketchup, fruit juice sweetened preferred
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared gluten free mustard
- Mix everything well in a slow cooker. Cover. Cook on low 4-6 hours until flavors are well blended. Serve with gluten free corn bread and a crispy green salad.
- Variation: I like to add a couple of cloves of minced garlic. You can also add a chopped green pepper.