This salad is wonderful as a side dish to enchiladas, or burritos or any dish with a Southwestern flair. Top it with some grilled chicken or shrimp and you have yourself a salad for dinner. Yummy in the tummy!
Tex-Mex Chopped Salad
- 6 cups chopped romaine
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 bell pepper seeded and diced (or use roasted pepper)
- 1/2 cup corn fresh cooked or frozen thawed
- 1 1/2 cups black beans drained and rinsed (canned or home cooked)
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Dairy Free Ranch dressing as needed (http://angelaskitchen.com/2007/05/14/ranch-dressing-and-homemade-croutons/)
- Tortilla Chips
- Toss romaine, spinach, cucumber, tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, and beans together, seasoning with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with Dairy Free Ranch Dressing and tortilla chips