Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
I like to serve this over rice, sweet potatoes, a bed of wilted greens or gluten free noodles. Gluten Free Dairy Free Chicken Cacciatore freezes wonderfully either before cooking (put all prepped ingredients into a gallon sized freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze) or after cooking (simply reheat and eat). Enjoy!
The Recipe: Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 6 boneless/skinless breasts
- 1 6oz can tomato paste
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 8oz can stewed tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Place sliced onions at bottom of crock pot. Add chicken. Stir together remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook on low 7-9 hours or high 3-4 hours. Serve over rice or pasta and add a side salad.
- To freeze: Put all ingredients for one batch into a gallon-sized zip sealed freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Put contents of bag into slow cooker and stir. Cover with lid and cook on low 7-9 hours or high 3-4 hours. Serve over rice or pasta and add a side salad.