Blender Corn Bread, Gluten Free Dairy Free (GFCF)
This is the corn bread I always make for my family. I have adapted it from Sue Gregg to make it dairy free. This corn bread is very soft with a hint of sweetness. Overnight soaking works wonders!
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free (GFCF) Blender Corn Bread
- The night before:
- 1 cup gluten free dairy free unsweetened milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups corn polenta or coarse ground corn meal
- The next day, add:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- The night before you want to make corn bread: In a blender place milk substitute, lemon juice or cider vinegar, olive oil, maple syrup and corn meal. Blend at high speed 3-5 minutes (the blender will “grind” the grain into a batter). Let sit covered on counter overnight.
- The next day, when you are ready to bake mix in thoroughly, but briefly, eggs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt using blender or a rubber spatula.
- Pour batter immediately into greased 8"x8" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F 25-35 minutes or until knife or toothpick comes clean out of center.