Cube Steak Stew, Gluten Free Dairy Free
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Cube Steak Stew
- 2-1/4 pounds beef cube steak
- 1/8 cup corn starch
- 1 tablespoon and 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2-1/4 teaspoons margarine or more olive oil
- 1-1/2 onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 2/3 cups gluten free beef stock, same as 2 14.5 oz cans
- 2 cups sliced potatoes, I like to cube them instead
- 1 10 oz. package frozen peas and carrots
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Cut cube steaks into pieces about 1/2 inch in size. Sprinkle corn starch over a plate, and dredge meat in corn starch.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and margarine over medium high heat. Add steak pieces, onion, and garlic to oil in pan; saute till lightly browned. Add more margarine, if needed.
- Stir in beef stock, potatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, and black pepper. Cover, turn heat down to simmer, and cook for 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. It will thicken as it cooks. Add more water if it gets too thick. Add peas and carrots. Simmer until warmed through.
- Serving suggestions: Salad and gluten-free corn muffins (homemade or mix).