Menu Plan Monday – August 15, 2011
There doesn’t seem to be a host for the Gluten Free Menu Swap this week. Boo-hoo! If you would like to host drop Cheryl a line at Gluten Free Goodness. She would love to hear from you!
Hi, everybody! It is Angela, the gluten free dairy free menu writer. I am so excited to be putting my menu plan up this week at Once a Month Mom!
In my household everyone brings their own lunch to school, even my non-allergy high school boy. As this week is a pretty free one for me as far as schedules go, I am taking advantage of the extra time to not only hang out with my kiddos, but to also get some things into the freezer for the upcoming school year. I don’t usually do so much baking craziness in one week, but I wanted to take advantage of the extra time (and my extra kiddo helpers), and the fact that the heat isn’t so horrific this week. Whew!
Menu Plan Monday
One thing in my menu that is up in the air are the types of salads and veggies we will be serving during the week. My garden is really peaking, so anything that becomes ripe is fair game for the table and the canning pot. It is always exciting to me to discover what I have to work with each day depending what is ripe and ready to go. I love it!
Monday – Bake gluten free zucchini muffins to freeze for school breakfast time. Shred and freeze extra zucchini for future muffin love. Get a batch of kimchi ready to ferment.
- Lunch – Nut butter on banana bread sandwiches, watermelon, and broccoli
- Dinner – Chicken stir fry with garden veggies over quinoa
- Lunch –Dairy free fruit-on-the-bottom coconut yogurt, fruit and veggie sticks
- Dinner – Big salad from the garden with Salmon Sweet Potato Cakes (from the freezer)
Wednesday – Beach with the kiddos if the weather is good.
- Lunch – Gluten free apple spice waffles with homemade apple syrup (make double batch/freeze extra)
- Dinner – BLT wraps with avocado on homemade gluten free wraps, napa cabbage slaw and melon
Thursday – Make pancake muffins with sausage to freeze.
- Lunch – Leftovers
- Dinner – Apple Sausage Quiche with broccoli salad and peaches
- Lunch – Salad with pick-your-own-toppings and dairy free ranch dressing
- Dinner – Gluten free Chicken Thai Pizza and Roasted Veggie Pizza with Spinach Salad
Saturday – Lunch – Grilled cashew “cheese”sandwiches with salad
Sunday – Lunch – Leftovers
Dinner – Sesame Chicken Veggie Salad
For more great Menu Plan Monday menu planning ideas visitorgjunkie.com!
For yummy gluten free menu plans, check out the Gluten Free Menu Swap!