Spinach Burgers – Gluten Free-zer Friday
To join me for Gluten Free-zer Friday, please add your link to a gluten free freezer- friendly recipe below. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
With summer here (really it is. Umm… yeah…) get some burgers in the freezer so you can enjoy those lazy days without worrying about “What’s for dinner?” I make these with fresh mint when I want to serve with a coconut yogurt cucumber sauce, fresh cilantro when topping with salsa, or parsley if I am just going for the green. Enjoy!
Printable freezer card for multiple batches of Spinach Burgers for freezer cooking (OAMC),
Printable freezer label for Spinach Burgers.
The Recipe: Spinach Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh mint, cilantro, or parsley, stems removed and chopped
- 1 egg, optional**
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Divide mixture into 6 patties and shape into ½ inch thick patties.
- To Freeze: Freeze burgers on a lined baking tray until solid. Place patties into a gallon sized freezer bag separated by wax paper. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To Serve: Thaw. Grill burgers, turning once until desired doneness, approximately 5 minutes per side for medium doneness. You can also fry burgers in a skillet over medium heat.
- **to make egg free, either skip egg or mix 1 tablespoon ground flax seed with 3 tablespoon warm water to replace egg.
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.
This post is linking up to Freezer Food Friday on What A Crock!
Pingback: GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE June 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking) | OAMC from Once A Month Mom
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – June 13, 2011 | Angela's Kitchen
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – October 24, 2011 | Angela's Kitchen
Pingback: Weekly Gluten-Free Menu Plan
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – April 30, 2012
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – August 13, 2012
Pingback: Weekly Gluten-Free Menu Plan - Peaches
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – Back to School Week! | Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – Back to School Week!
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – October 29, 2012
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – October 29, 2012 | Start Gluten Free
Sorry for the lame question , but do you freeze before or after grilling? Thank you so much!
I freeze before grilling, separated by way paper. That being said, I have also been known to freeze any grilled cooked burgers for a lunch or quick super on another day. Hope that helps! 🙂
Pingback: Burgers – Three Ways | Ginger's Kitchen