Spinach Burgers – Gluten Free-zer Friday
To join me for Gluten Free-zer Friday, please add your link to a gluten free freezer- friendly recipe below. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
With summer here (really it is. Umm… yeah…) get some burgers in the freezer so you can enjoy those lazy days without worrying about “What’s for dinner?” I make these with fresh mint when I want to serve with a coconut yogurt cucumber sauce, fresh cilantro when topping with salsa, or parsley if I am just going for the green. Enjoy!
The Recipe: Spinach Burgers
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh mint, cilantro, or parsley, stems removed and chopped
- 1 egg, optional**
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Divide mixture into 6 patties and shape into ½ inch thick patties.
- To Freeze: Freeze burgers on a lined baking tray until solid. Place patties into a gallon sized freezer bag separated by wax paper. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To Serve: Thaw. Grill burgers, turning once until desired doneness, approximately 5 minutes per side for medium doneness. You can also fry burgers in a skillet over medium heat.
- **to make egg free, either skip egg or mix 1 tablespoon ground flax seed with 3 tablespoon warm water to replace egg.