To join me for Gluten Free-zer Friday, please add your link to a gluten free freezer- friendly recipe below. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
* * * * * * *
With summer here (really it is. Umm… yeah…) get some burgers in the freezer so you can enjoy those lazy days without worrying about “What’s for dinner?” I make these with fresh mint when I want to serve with a coconut yogurt cucumber sauce, fresh cilantro when topping with salsa, or parsley if I am just going for the green. Enjoy!
- 1½ pounds ground beef
- 1½ cups fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 6 tablespoons fresh mint, cilantro, or parsley, stems removed and chopped
- 1 egg , optional**
- 1½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to taste
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well. Divide mixture into 6 patties and shape into ½ inch thick patties.
- To Freeze: Freeze burgers on a lined baking tray until solid. Place patties into a gallon sized freezer bag separated by wax paper. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To Serve: Thaw. Grill burgers, turning once until desired doneness, approximately 5 minutes per side for medium doneness. You can also fry burgers in a skillet over medium heat.
- **to make egg free, either skip egg or mix 1 tablespoon ground flax seed with 3 tablespoon warm water to replace egg.