Cilantro Cashew Salad
Author: Angela Litzinger at angelaskitchen.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, vegetables, salad
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves and soft stems
- 3 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper to taste
- ⅓ medium red cabbage (12 ounces), cored and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1½ red bell pepper (ribs and seeds removed), thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium head romaine lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- ¾ cup roasted cashews, coarsely chopped
- In a blender, combine cilantro, lime juice, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine, cabbage, bell pepper, and scallions; season with salt and pepper. In another large bowl, toss lettuce with ¾ cup dressing. Top with cabbage mix.
- Drizzle all with remaining dressing, and sprinkle with cashews.