Menu Plan Monday – June 18, 2012
My menu plan is over at Once a Month Mom this week. Stop by and sty “Hi!”
* * * * * * *
Well, we have the first week of summer vacation under our belts. Woo-hoo! My big kids have already had a sleep over each, summer Youth Group church retreat and the start of cross country captain’s practice. My littlest one starts her summer soccer in the local park and rec program and will start playing the violin this summer. Between my kids fun summer activities and all the camping we like to do, you better believe I plan my menu out for the week. Planning also makes it easier for me to make impromptu picnics to the park or beach because I have everything ready and just need to pack it up. Gotta love that! 🙂
This summer also marks our foray into being a chicken family. We purchasedone-day-old girl chicks three weeks ago to have as pets and to raise as egg producers. The fact that they will also eat the bugs in my yard and produce all sorts of amazing chicky-poo for my garden’s compost pile is an extra bonus! We have been having the best time with them. We love taking them out for “chicken field trips” to the back yard to scratch and chase bugs. They are really developing little personalities and have been a lot of fun to raise. Of course, we do need to get moving on our chicken coop… they are outgrowing their brooder faster than we imagined!
The Gluten Free Menu Swap is being hosted this week by Heather of Celiac Family. She has picked mango as the theme ingredient. My family adores mango! It is the one flavor they ALL agree on, even my little picky girl. If there is mango, my kids are in. 🙂 At my house, besides eating strait from the peel, I use mangos often in smoothies (like in Mango Spinach Smoothie and Peach-Mango Smoothie) and in curries for added sweetness, such as in Chicken Mango Curry. I also like to pair mangos with blueberries in Chicken Blueberry Mango Salad. How do you use mangos?
- Lunch – Pumpkin Bread and sun butter sandwiches, orange slices, broccoli
- Dinner – Gluten Free Dairy Free Pigs in a Blanket, sweet potato oven fries, spinach salad with poppy seed dressing
- Lunch – Leftovers and salad
- Dinner – Roasted Chicken (roast 3 – 1 for dinner and 2 for the freezer), Mixed Greens Salad with Dairy Free Ranch Dressing
- Lunch – Egg-sadillas, blackberries and green beans
- Dinner – Fish Tacos and Cilantro Cashew Salad
- Lunch – Leftovers and salad
- Dinner – Chicken Blueberry Mango Salad and Gluten Free Dairy Free French Bread
- Lunch – Peanut-free Thai Chicken Pizza Pockets, mango, and veggie sticks
- Dinner – Clean-out-the-fridge Stir-Fry, rice and homemade dairy free berry pushups (my blackberries and raspberries are producing like crazy right now!)
Saturday – Dinner – Juicy Apple Turkey Burgers with Apple, Bok Choy and Carrot Slaw
Sunday – Dinner – Gingered Beef and Broccoli Salad with Blender Corn Bread Muffins
For more great Menu Plan Monday menu planning ideas visit orgjunkie.com!