Before we attached my blog to this site, I had this recipe posted. I guess I must never have transfered it over again. Oops! It’s that pumpkin-y time of year again and my mom wanted me to post it. I guess you can’t say “No” to your mom!
I am making these pancakes today with the girls topped with a mixture of cooked apples, maple syrup and cinnamon. Maybe some chopped toasted pecans also. I wonder what my son is having at boy scout camp…
This recipe doesn’t need eggs as the pumpkin keeps everything bound together, tender, and tasty.
- 1¾ cup bean based flour blend (or 6 T garbonzo bean/fava bean flour, ¼ c sorghum flour, 9 T potato or corn starch, and 9 T tapioca or arrowroot flour)
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon xanthan or guar gum
- 1 tablespoon sucanate, maple syrup, maple sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin (or fresh pumpkin, cooked and mashed)
- 1¼ cup dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla flavoring or extract
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the first five ingredients well. In a blender or
- separate bowl, blend the sweetener, oil, pumpkin, dairy-free milk and vanilla until
- smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Cook on a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Alternate: Make pancakes instead instead of waffles in a lightly oiled pan.
- To freeze: Allow waffles to cool completely. Put in freezer bag, separating waffles with waxed paper. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Toast waffles until warmed through.
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1½ teaspoons dried ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground, nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix everything together well. Store in a tightly sealed container.