Pumpkin Waffles/Pumpkin Pancakes
Before we attached my blog to this site, I had this recipe posted. I guess I must never have transfered it over again. Oops! It’s that pumpkin-y time of year again and my mom wanted me to post it. I guess you can’t say “No” to your mom!
I am making these pancakes today with the girls topped with a mixture of cooked apples, maple syrup and cinnamon. Maybe some chopped toasted pecans also. I wonder what my son is having at boy scout camp…
This recipe doesn’t need eggs as the pumpkin keeps everything bound together, tender, and tasty.
Printable freezer labels for Pumpkin Waffles.
Printable recipe card for multiple batches of pumpkin waffles.
The Recipe: Pumpkin Waffles or Pancakes
- 1 3/4 cup bean based flour blend, or 6 T garbonzo bean/fava bean flour, 1/4 c sorghum flour, 9 T potato or corn starch, and 9 T tapioca or arrowroot flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum
- 1 tablespoon sucanate, maple syrup, maple sugar (or sweetener of choice)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin, or fresh pumpkin, cooked and mashed
- 1 1/4 cup dairy-free milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free vanilla flavoring or extract
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix the first five ingredients well. In a blender or
- separate bowl, blend the sweetener, oil, pumpkin, dairy-free milk and vanilla until
- smooth. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Cook on a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Alternate: Make pancakes instead instead of waffles in a lightly oiled pan.
- To freeze: Allow waffles to cool completely. Put in freezer bag, separating waffles with waxed paper. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Toast waffles until warmed through.
The Recipe: Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground, nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Mix everything together well. Store in a tightly sealed container.
Pingback: Menu Plan Tuesday – September 1, 2009 « Angela’s Kitchen
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – August 8, 2011 | Angela's Kitchen
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday - Gluten Free Dairy Free Edition | OAMC from Once A Month Mom
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – October 24, 2011 | Angela's Kitchen
Pingback: Weekly Gluten-Free Menu Plan
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday - Gluten Free Dairy Free Christmas Edition | OAMC from Once A Month Mom
Pingback: Kettle Corn – Secret Recipe Club | Angela's Kitchen
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – November 21, 2012
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – September 19, 2011
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – September 16, 2012
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – November 19, 2012 | Start Gluten Free
Pingback: Weekly Gluten-Free Menu Plan - Breakfast