I like to sauté up a nice bunch of veggies with my scrambled eggs. This is really not a recipe so much as an idea you can run with. I use about the same amount of veggies, but mix up the types depending on what I have on hand. When using greens, such as spinach, Swiss chard or kale, slice up the greens, then cook them up last with the rest of the vegetables (just until wilted) after the other veggies are cooked.
Serve these up for breakfast, brunch, lunch or as dinner with a side salad and gluten free muffin. Yum!
- Per serving use:
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
- ¼ cup chopped broccoli
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup packed sliced spinach or kale
- 1 to 2 large eggs
- ⅛ cup diced tomato, for garnish
- ¼ diced avocado, for garnish
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat. Sauté veggies, except greens, tomatoes, and avocado. Cook vegetables until softened, then add and cook greens until they are wilted.
- Whisk eggs then add to pan. Cook eggs, scrambling and cooking them until set.