Gluten Free-zer Friday – Seasoned Green Beans
To join me for Gluten Free-zer Friday, please add your link to a gluten free freezer- friendly recipe below. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
* * * * * * * * *
There aren’t a lot of side dish options for freezer cooking that do not include dairy ingredients. Here’s one that is quick to though together and is very tasty. I like to serve this with Garlic Dijon Chicken which is also on the May 2011 menu at Once a Month Mom.
The Recipe: Seasoned Green Beans for the Freezer
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 sweet pepper, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, or 1 tablespoon fresh, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 20 ounce packages frozen green beans (or fresh, see note is recipe)
- If you are using fresh green beans, clean and trim beans. Blanch beans by boiling for 3 minutes then plunging into ice water. Drain beans well. To see a tutorial on blanching green beans go to pickyourown.org.
- Combine everything in bowl, then place in freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, label and freeze.
- To serve: Heat skillet to med-high and saute with 2 tablespoons water for about 8-10 min until all is bright tender OR roast on baking sheet at 475 for about 10 min, stirring part way through roasting time.