Asian-Style Ribs with Stir-Fried Bok Choy and Rice was delicious! I hope you enjoy it as we have.
- ½ cup gluten and dairy free plum sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons gluten and dairy free barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 inch piece fresh ginger freshly grated
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 pounds loinback pork ribs cut into section (Loin Chops were on sale, so that is what I will use instead)
- Combine plum sauce, barbecue sauce, orange juice, oil, ginger, garlic and cumin. Pour over ribs and allow to marinate 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350°F. Cover and bake for 1 hour, or until meat is tender. Remove and barbecue for 12-15 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked.
- Note: I didn’t get this marinated as I had to grocery shop in the morning, so I tossed everything in the crock pot at noon and put it on high heat setting. About 15 min before dinner, I took the chops out, laid them in a jelly roll pan, brushed then with the plum sauce I had left over (about 1/4 cup) and broiled the chops until the sauce glazed the chops. Keep a close eye on your ribs or chops if you choose to broil, so they don’t burn!
* * * * *
Basic Brown Rice
- 1 1/2 cups long grain brown rice rinsed and drained
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Combine brown rice and water, oil and a dash of salt in heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil 5 minutes. Lower heat as low as possible. Cover pan tightly and let rice simmer 45 minutes without lifting lid. After 45 minutes, turn off the heat, and let stand covered 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork and serve.
* * * * *
Stir-Fried Bok Choy
- 1 pound bok choy
- 2 tablespoon chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon gfcf oyster sauce I used a GFCF fish sauce I had in my fridge
- 1 1/2 teaspoon gluten and dairy free lower sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch or arrowroot flour or tapioca starch/flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 slices fresh ginger root
- 1 clove garlic crushed and peeled
- Separate the bok choy into stalks. Wash in several changes of cold water and drain thoroughly in a colander. Trim 1/4 inch from the bottom of each stalk. Halve each stalk lengthwise and cut stalks and leaves into 2 inch long pieces. In a bowl, combine the stock, oyster sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch, and sugar. Heat a 14 inch flat-bottomed wok or skillet over high heat until hot but not smoking. Add 1-1/2 tsp. vegetable oil and ginger, and stir-fry 10 seconds, or until ginger is fragrant. Add the remaining 1-1/2 tsp. vegetable oil, bok choy, and garlic, and stir-fry 1-2 minutes, or until leaves are just limp and bok choy is bright green. Restir the stock mixture and swirl into wok. Stir-fry 1-2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly and lightly coats the vegetables. Serve immediately.