Pizza pancakes were on the menu at Laura’s (the Organizing Junkie) site a couple of times. They seemed like a lot of fun for the kids, so I took the idea and made it GFCF. Thanks for the idea, Laura! The kids thought they were tasty fun and my hubby would eat them again also, though he thought it was a bit of a weird idea at first.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Pizza Pancakes
- 2 cups gluten free bean based flour blend
- 4 teaspoons gluten free baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups gluten & dairy free milk substitute ie: almond, rice, etc.
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup gluten free dairy free pepperoni ham, or sausage, diced
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomatoes I used drained canned tomatoes
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped olives I used Kalamata olives packed in olive oil
- Jar of pizza or spaghetti sauce warmed, for dipping
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Mix the wet ingredients (GFCF milk substitute, eggs, and oil) together until blended then add to the dry ingredients. Stir until blended together. There will still be some lumps, but try not to have too many. Stir in pizza toppings, except the sauce. Cook 2-3 tablespoons of batter per pancake in a preheated lightly oiled pan as you would regular pancakes, flipping pancake over when there are bubbles on the surface and the bottom is golden brown. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
GFCF Pizza Pancakes
Friday, April 13, 2007