Maple-Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies – Secret Recipe Club
After having a month off, it is time again for Secret Recipe Club reveal day! Woo-hoo! What is the Secret Recipe Club? It’s a lot like Secret Santa, but with recipes. Each month you are assigned a blog. After selecting a recipe from that bloggers repertoire, you make and post it on reveal day. It is a great way to find fun recipes and blogs. I like how it gets me to actually sit down and go through another person’s blog. Blogs are a lot of work and take time to put together. Instead of skimming through just the new stuff (as is usually easier when we see a new blog) it is fun to really sit down and go through what else the blog has to offer. Fun stuff!
This time my assignment was Jen at Jen’s Journey. Every time I get my assignment, I have such a tough time picking the recipe. There are so many delicious things to choose from! Jen’s blog was no different- she has so many great things, such as Chewy Fudge Avocado Brownies, Caramel Pudding, Peppermint Gingerbread Mocha, and Cilantro Lime Rice, to name just a few. Can you see why I had trouble making up my mind? Yummy! With New Year’s Eve coming, I decided to make her Brown Sugar Little Smokies.
I tweeked it a bit, reducing the sugar and adding maple syrup. Mmmm… Being able to brush the maple and brown sugar kept the sweetness on the bacon while the smokies baked in stead of the pan. Swoon! Really, you shouldn’t make these. Honest, or you might grab them and lock yourself into a room with them all alone. And eat them all. By yourself. Not that I would know about that… (cough) Um, if you make them, let me know and I’ll come on over and eat a few, just to make sure you don’t eat too many. That’s what friends are for- right? 🙂 Thank you, Jen, for adding a must have recipe to our New Year’s Eve menu. And for any other meal I can figure it in to as often as I can. Woo-hoo!
The Recipe: Maple-Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- 1 pound little sausages, I used a local nitrate free brand
- 1 pound gluten free bacon
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cups maple syrup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the bacon into thirds and wrap each third around a little smoke, being sure not to stretch bacon.
- Place seam side down on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Mix together brown sugar and maple syrup. Carefully brush brown sugar mix onto the bacon wrapped smokies.
- Bake at 350 degrees F or until bacon is crisp. Transfer to a small crock to keep warm.
- I apologize in advance for how delicious they are.
‘); // ]]>