Cranberry Pork Roast for the Slow Cooker with Freezer Instructions
Author: Angela Litzinger at angelaskitchen.com adapted from Stephanie @ crockpot365.blogspot.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, pork, slow cooker, freezer recipe, oamc
- 2-3 pounds boneless pork roast
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon dried mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2½ cups whole berry cranberry sauce
- ⅓ cup raisins
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- In a gallon freezer bag, mix together dry spices and cornstarch and add the pork roast. Shake to coat. In a large bowl mix cranberry sauce, sugar, raisins, garlic, and lemon juice. Pour over meat. Remove as much air from the bag as possible, seal, able and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Cover and cook in slow cooker on low for 8 hours (I recommend you cook the roast on low), or high for about 4.