Freezer Beef Stew, Gluten Free Dairy Free
Part of the September 2009 gluten and dairy free freezer menu. Enjoy!
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Freezer Beef Stew GFCF OAMC
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 6 cups gluten free beef broth
- 4 cups carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste depending on salt level in broth
- 2 cups green beans, frozen or blanched (fresh)
- 4 teaspoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoons thyme, dried
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Divide mixture evenly into 4 gallon zip lock freezer bag removing all excess air and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours (longer if partially frozen). If you want your stew thicker, use the 2 Tbsp cornstarch and mix it with 2 Tbsp cold water and add it to the cooked stew, turn it on high and cook for 30 more minutes.