Part of the September 2009 gluten and dairy free freezer menu. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Freezer Beef Stew GFCF OAMC
You can replace the sweet potato with regular red potatoes if you don't freeze the potatoes at the time of assembly. Put all ingredients except for the potato in your freezer container, then make a note on your freezer label the amount of potato needed for the recipe and freeze. When you cook your meal, add the cubed red potato at cooking time.
Author: adapted by Angela Litzinger at test.angelaskitchen.com from Laura @ realmomkitchen.blogspot.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, beef, slow cooker, soups & stews
- 2 cups onion, diced
- 6 cups gluten free beef broth
- 4 cups carrot, sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 cups sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste depending on salt level in broth
- 2 cups green beans, frozen or blanched (fresh)
- 4 teaspoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoons thyme, dried
- 3 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons tomato paste
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Divide mixture evenly into 4 gallon zip lock freezer bag removing all excess air and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Cook in crock pot on low for 6-8 hours (longer if partially frozen). If you want your stew thicker, use the 2 Tbsp cornstarch and mix it with 2 Tbsp cold water and add it to the cooked stew, turn it on high and cook for 30 more minutes.