Check out the Menu Plan Monday fun over at the Organized Junkie!
Tuesday: Something tasty from the Slow Cooking Thursday September 6, 2007 entry from Sandra at Diary of a SAHM:
- One 3- to 4-pound broiler/fryer
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon (be sure gluten free!)
- ½ large lemon or 1 small lemon
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 medium-size or 1 large onion, cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (use a gluten free one!)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 12 small Yellow Finn or Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled
- 6 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced ½ inch thick
- Rinse and dry the chicken thoroughly. Cut off any lumps of fat. Put one bouillon cube inside the cavity. Squeeze the lemon, reserving the juice. Put the lemon rinds in the cavity. Put the chicken in the slow cooker, breast side up, and sprinkle with the paprika and parsley. Distribute the onion wedges and garlic around the chicken. Pour over the soy sauce and lemon juice and season with the salt and pepper. Crumble the remaining bouillon cube, and sprinkle that over the chicken as well. Top with the potatoes and mushrooms. Cover and cook on HIGH 3½ to 4½ hours.
- To serve, discard the lemon halves and portion the potatoes, mushrooms, onions and chicken into shallow bowls or soup plates, discarding the skins and bones.
Thursday: Pot Roast in the Slow Cooker
Friday: Teriyaki Delight (being sure all ingredients I use are GFCF, of course) It’s the December 15th pick on Family Fun Month of Meals.