Menu Plan Monday

by angelaskitchen on March 5, 2007

It’s Monday and you know what that means!  Menu Plan Monday!  Thanks, Laura!

Printable grocery list for this week’s dinners.

Monday:  Crock pot fajitas with the fixin’s (I know, I have been doing do-over’s the past couple of  weeks as our schedule doesn’t always allow for my plan.    Also, I made so much soup and beans in the crock pot my family ate a lot of left overs because they like to.  Aren’t I a lucky mama!)

Tuesday:  Stuffed potatoes (using Monday’s leftovers)with salad

Wednesday:  Crock pot meatloaf with mixed veggies

Thursday: Mom and the resident Brownie are off to a Brownie Winter Overnight!

Friday: Meatball sandwiches (my son’s choice from last week)

Saturday:  Pork fried rice (Stop torturing me Kate.  I can’t stop drooling!!)

Crock Pot Fajitas

It doesn’t have the “sizzle”, but these are easy and quite tasty too!

2 lbs. flank steak or pot roast, fat removed and sliced into strips

2 large onion, sliced into strips

1 large green bell pepper, sliced into strips

1 large red bell pepper, sliced into strips

1 jalapeno pepper, sliced into strips (skip if too spicy for your family)

2 T fresh cilantro

3 cloved garlic, minced

3/4 t chili powder

1 1/2 t ground cumin

1 1/2 t ground coriander

1/2 t salt

1 15 oz. can of diced tomatoes, undrained

In crock pot combine all ingredients.  Cover.  Cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high 4-5 hours.  Serve on gluten free tortillas with your choice of toppings.  We like fresh spinach, guacamole and

salsa.

I hope everyone stays warm and toasty!

8 Comments $manage-tooltip$

Monday, March 5, 2007 – 07:29 AM
Oh fer fun- love the snow pictures!  Looks like our yard here in Northern North Dakota!  Have a wonderful week of DF and GF eating!  :) :)

Monday, March 5, 2007 – 07:57 AM
Oh you KNOW you love it!!!  Pork Fried Rice!!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Monday, March 5, 2007 – 08:36 AM
Crockpot meatloaf sounds great.
Have a great week.
blessings~
Annie

Monday, March 5, 2007 – 10:51 AM
great menu…crock pot is one thing i’m lacking here!

Monday, March 5, 2007 – 12:36 PM
I love fried rice–chicken fried rice is my fave!  sounds like you have a great week planned!

Monday, March 5, 2007 – 12:36 PM
Wow! Look at all of that snow!
It’s Mother-In-Law Day! Don’t forget to give her a hug today!

Monday, March 5, 2007 – 12:48 PM
I grew up in Portland, my parents now live in Milwaukie!  I love BOB’s red mill!  So great, we were Gluten free for a while, but my son has seemed to outgrow his issues with it.  But I know that for healthy food, they are the best!

Tuesday, March 6, 2007 – 03:51 PM
Kimberly
Wanna send me some of your fabulous menu planning skills?? Pretty please?!?! Oh, and some of the committment you have in seeing them thru. That’s all, thanks. *wink*
Hope your week is going well.

{ 2 comments… read them below or add one }

Heather @CeliacFamily September 15, 2012 at 8:18 pm

Tried the Crock Pot fajitas this week. They were very good – not too spicy for the kids. But I think I overcooked it because the flank steak was so tender it fell apart. I might try a different cut of meat next time for fajitas. But, honestly, I’ve been loving eating it as a stew for lunches this week. Yum!

angelaskitchen September 17, 2012 at 6:15 am

So glad you liked them, Heather. Bummer they fell apart. Still, shredded fajitas, right? LOL! Yes, they aren’t too spicy (my kiddos were light-weights in the spice department when I put together that recipe) but fortunately, you can spice your own on your plate because momma likes spicy. Yay! I like it as a topping on baked sweet potatoes, too.