Turkey Meatloaf – Slow Cooking Thursday
To check out some more tasty slow cooker treats, head over to Sandra’s blog for Slow Cooking Thursday. Yummy!
The Recipe: Slow Cooker Turkey meatloaf
- 2 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup gluten free dairy free milk
- 2 tablespoons prepared gluten free dairy free honey mustard
- 2 tablespoons gluten free dairy free honey BBQ or ketchup
- 1 cup soft gluten free dairy free breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Combine all ingredients and shape into a loaf. Place in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours. Drain off fat as needed.
- If you would like to glaze your loaf: In a small bowl, whisk 1/3 cup GFCF ketchup, 2 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 teaspoon GFCCF honey mustard and 1/2 teaspoon GFCF Worcestershire sauce. Spoon over the meatloaf. Cook 15 more minutes until sauce is heated through.
- Let meatloaf “rest” 10-15 minutes out of the slow cooker before slicing.
Slow Cooking Thursday: Turkey meatloaf
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Ooops! I forget sometimes not everyone has to eat the same way as we do, sorry! GFCF means “Guten Free Casein Free”, or no gluten and dairy products for us! So, if I put down GFCF for bread crumbs, soy sauce or ketchup and your family doesn’t need it, just substitute your favorite kind. You can also use cow milk cup for cup to our GFCF milk substitute. The only place this doesn’t work is in my baking recipes where I need to use different flours (tapioca, bean, potato, etc.) and regular wheat flour would not work the same. Gluten free flours are so weird to work with sometimes!! I hope tht helps!
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – May 25, 2009 « Angela’s Kitchen
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – January 24, 2011 | Angela’s Kitchen
Pingback: Slow Cooking Thursday: Turkey meatloaf | Angela’s Kitchen
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – October 8, 2012