Italian Beef Sandwich Filling for the Slow Cooker
The Recipe: Italian Beef Sandwich Filling for the Slow Cooker
- 2 pounds beef rump roast
- 3 cups onion, sliced in rings
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground anise
- 12 ounces canned whole tomatoes
- 1 cup gluten free beer or apple cider
- To Freeze: Put all ingredients into a gallon sized freezer bags. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Put into a 6 quart slow cooker. Put on lid and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat shreds easily.
Pingback: Gluten Free Dairy Free (GFCF) September 2012 Freezer Menu made into Mini Menus