Apple-Cranberry Pork Chops, Slow Cooker
Printable recipe card for multiple batches of Apple-Cranberry Pork Chops for the freezer.
Printable freezer labels for Apple-Cranberry Pork Chops
The Recipe: Slow Cooker Apple-Cranberry Pork Chops
- 2 pounds boneless loin chops, fat trimmed - 3" thick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups tart or semi-tart cooking apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried cherries or chopped dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup gluten free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten free spicy mustard
- salt, to taste
- ground black pepper, to taste
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper. Put pork chops in gallon sized freezer bag (one bag per batch). Mix together remaining ingredients. Put fruit mixture over pork chops. Remove as much air as possible. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Lightly oil the crock of your slow cooker. Place pork chops on the bottom of crock. Pour fruit mixture over chops. Cover with lid. Cook on low for 6 to 7 hours until pork is tender.
Pingback: Gluten Free Dairy Free November 2011 Mini Freezer Meals
Pingback: Weekly Gluten-Free Menu Plan - Lemon