Gluten Free-zer Friday – Quinoa Confetti Salad
To join me for Gluten Free-zer Friday, please add your link to a gluten free freezer- friendly recipe below. I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with!
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Quinoa Confetti Salad
- 2 cups cooked, cooled quinoa
- 1 cup frozen sweet corn
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 red pepper, diced sauted and cooled (or use roasted peppers)
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 T dried cilantro or parsley
- 3 T white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Combine quinoa with sweet corn, black beans, red pepper, scallions and parsley.
- Whisk vinegar, oil and cumin together until blended. Pour over quinoa salad and stir well to combine. Put in freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, seal.
- To serve: Thaw. Chill until ready to serve. Stir and serve.
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.
This post is linking up to Freezer Food Friday on What A Crock!
Pingback: GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE May 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking) from Once A Month Mom | OAMC from Once A Month Mom
At which point in the recipe, do you add the cumin? I was doing this recipe as part of OAMM menu & checked here & I’m still confused.
Yikes! I was Ms. Typo on this one! You add the cumin to the oil and vinegar mixture and whisk. I have corrected the recipe. Thanks for catching that! 🙂
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – July 23, 2012
Pingback: Gluten Free Dairy Free May 2012 Freezer Menu (GFCF, OAMC)
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – April 8, 2013 | Start Gluten Free
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – April 8, 2013