Updated ABC Salad- Apple, Bok Choy and Carrot Slaw
- 1 pound bok choy preferably baby/young bok choy
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large sweet-tart crisp apple julienned (cut into matchsticks or grate coarsely)
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
- coarse salt and pepper to taste
- Cut bok choy in half lengthwise. Cut off root end as well as any bruised and torn leaves. Rinse each half thoroughly to remove any dirt. Slice bok choy into thin strips. Place in a colander and shake off as much water as possible. Toss with ½ teaspoon salt, and set aside to drain. Place julienned apple and shredded carrot into a medium sized bowl. Add lemon juice, canola oil, and ginger. Toss well until apple and carrot are completely coated.
- Shake any extra moisture from the bok choy. Add to the bowl with the apple and carrot. Toss to combine. Add coarse salt and some freshly grated pepper to taste. Mix again. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving to allow flavors to combine.