This sloppy joe recipe is from the freezer menu for February 2010. No need to open a can when your family wants sloppy joes… This is so deliciously simple and you can be sure everything is something your family can eat. Love that!
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 medium onion chopped
- 1 cup gluten free ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons gluten free mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook ground beef and onion in a large skillet. When onion is cooked and beef is browned and cooked through, drain extra grease.
- Add remaining ingredients to skillet. Simmer about 20 minutes. Serve on gluten free buns or baked sweet potatoes.
- To freeze: After cooking through, allow to cool. Package in a freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, seal and label.
- To serve: Thaw. Heat in slow cooker or sauce pan until heated through.