Beef & Lentil Slow Cooker Stew, Gluten Free Dairy Free
This is a seriously easy, tasty stew. Good for dinner, good for the lunchbox. Enjoy!
The Recipe: Beef & Lentil Slow Cooker Stew, Gluten Free Dairy Free
- 1 1/2 pounds beef cubes, I use what ever beef I get on sale and cube it myself
- 1 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 6 carrots chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 6 cups gluten free beef broth
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounce salsa
- 3 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, crushed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh or frozen broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups frozen green beans
- Place all ingredients except green beans and broccoli in the slow cooker. Stir. Cover with lid and cook on low 6-7 hours. Add green beans and broccoli for last half-hour or so to heat.
- To freeze: Allow to cool. Package in meal or lunchbox sized containers. Seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw and heat through.