Hearty Hamburger Soup with freezer instructions
This is perfect for a frosty day, hearty and filling. Enjoy!
The Recipe: Hearty Hamburger Soup
- 1 pounds lean ground beef, or ground venison or beef/venison mixture
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, minced (or garlic powder added with seasonings)
- 4 small cubed potatoes or sweet potatoes
- 2 1/2 cups chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 15.5 ounce canned diced tomatoes with garlic and onion
- 1/2 cups lentils
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups gluten free beef both
- Optional: 2 1/2 ounce bag frozen corn
- Brown the onion (and garlic) in a soup pot using very little oil. Brown hamburger meat in same pot. Drain off excess fat. Add meat mixture, potatoes, carrots, celery, and tomatoes to a large slow cooker. Cover. cook on high of 1 hour.
- Add lentils, seasonings, and stock. Stir. Cover and cook on high 3-4 hours until veggies and lentils are tender. If desired add a 10 ounce package of frozen corn right at the end and stir in.
- To freeze: Cool. Divide between 2 or 4 freezer bags (this depends on the size of your family). Remove as much air as possible, seal, label, freeze.
- To serve: Thaw Reheat until warmed through.