This week I am returning to Gluten Free-zer Friday. (finally!) Lately, I have been using the contents of my freezer lately more than making thing to store in the freezer. As I haven’t had a lot of interest in joining in, I will continue to put up the Gluten Freezer Friday posts less often, I think. Maybe every couple of weeks? Or every other week? When I feel like it? Eh, I’ll see how it goes.
For more freezer cooking goodness, head over to MJ’s for Freezer Food Friday and join in on the fun.
Participating in Gluten Free-zer Friday:
1. If you would like to participate in Gluten Free-zer Friday, simply email your post link to your gluten free freezer recipe (angelas_kitchenATcomcastDOTnet) or leave a comment below and I will add you to the roundup.
2. Link back to this post on the post with the recipe you have linked.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Chicken and Rosemary Roasted Veggies
- 6 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 pound new potatoes par-cooked
- 1 pound sweet potatoes or yams
- 4 carrots
- 4 small zucchini
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 1 bunch fresh rosemary about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons fresh leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- Clean all the veggies. Quarter the potatoes. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1 inch chunks. Cut the carrots and zucchini into 2 inch x 3/4 inch sticks.
- In a gallon sized freezer bag, mix the olive oil, mustard, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add chicken and veggies to bag. Seal bag, smoosh contents of bag around until everything is evenly coated with oil mixture. Open a bit of the bag and squeeze out as much air as possible. Reseal bag, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw contents of bag. Place contents of bag into a lightly oiled 9 x 13 roasting pan. Place into a 400° F heated oven. Roast for 25 minutes then remove from oven. Flip chicken and gently stir the vegetables. Continue roasting until veggies are tender and chicken is cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes more.