This is the big treat for the 3 dads we have at our house today: my husband, his dad, and my dad. We love you guys! Thanks for all you do! We are a pretty lucky family!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3/4 cup organic palm oil shortening
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar or sucanate
- 2 eggs or 2 T ground golden flax mixed with 6 T HOT water
- 1 tablespoon gluten free vanilla extract or flavoring
- 2 1/4 cups <a href="http://angelaskitchen.com/2007/03/19/gfcf-chicken-nuggets-two-ways/" target="_blank" data-mce-href="http://angelaskitchen.com/2007/03/19/gfcf-chicken-nuggets-two-ways/"> bean flour blend</a> 3/4 cup corn or potato starch, 3/4 cup tapioca flour, 1/2 cup garbfava flour, and 1/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum or guar gum
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup gluten free dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix bean flour blend, xanthan or guar gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a bowl and whisk well.
- Cream together palm oil and brown sugar in another bowl. Add eggs one at a time, blending well after each addition. Add vanilla; beat until smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to mixing bowl; mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for a couple of minutes before removing cookies from cookie sheet to a wire rack to cool.
- ***If you would like to make giant cookies like in the photo, put dough in a 1/4 cup measure. Level dough. Put on pan and slightly flatten. I put 4 on a baking sheet and bake for 15 min on convection.