Basic Gluten Free Dairy Free Frittata
Frittatas basically a crustless quiche that is started on the stove top and finished in the oven. They make a lovely breakfast or brunch, but also are wonderful for lunch or super with a side salad. I use different veggies in mine depending on the season and what I have on hand. Leave it meat free, or use cooked leftover meat, if you choose. Enjoy!
The Recipe: Basic Gluten Free Dairy Free Veggie Frittata
- 8 large eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened, plain dairy free milk (such as almond milk)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, thyme or oregano or 1 tablespoon fresh minced herbs
- 1 teaspoon paprika, optional
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil, 2 tablespoons if using mushrooms
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 medium bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, optional
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups small broccoli florets, no stems
- 1 cup zucchini, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup yellow summer squash, trimmed and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach or other greens
- ½ – 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together eggs, dairy free milk, basil, and paprika until well blended.
- In an oven safe 8 to 9-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Sauté onion, pepper, and mushrooms until onion is tender.
- Add garlic, broccoli, zucchini, and yellow summer squash and cook until veggies are just cooked through. Add spinach and tomatoes, sautéing just until spinach is wilted. Add more oil if needed. Spread veggies evenly in pan.
- Pour eggs over the vegetables. Turn heat to medium-low. Cook about 5 minutes or until eggs are starting to set underneath. Loosen the edges of the frittata occasionally to allow liquid egg to run underneath the edges and cook.
- Put skillet in oven and bake about 12 to 15 minutes until eggs are set and puffed.