Banana Bread or Muffins, Gluten Free Dairy Free (GFCF)
We are big on banana bread and on banana muffins around here. If you like it like we do, try this yummy gluten and dairy free version.
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free (GFCF) Banana Bread or Muffins
- 3 large bananas, about 1 ½ cups mashed bananas
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups bean flour blend, or use 7 tablespoon garbfava flour, 3 1/2 tablespoon, 2/3 cup corn or potato starch, and 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 1/2 tsp xanthan gum or guar gum
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts, pecans, or gluten & dairy free chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix mashed bananas, brown sugar, oil and eggs together in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine gluten-free flour blend, xanthan or guar gum, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Add banana mixture and stir just until combined. Stir in chopped nuts or chocolate chips if desired.
- Pour into oil sprayed loaf pan (or four 2×5 mini loaf pans or paper cup lined muffin tins). Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes (45 minutes for mini-loaves or 25-30 minutes for muffins/cupcakes) or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.