After making mashed cauliflower all the time for my family (I only make mashed potatoes once a year – on Thanksgiving) because they love it so much, I knew there had to be other ways to fix cauliflower to replace some of our other favorite carbs. Not that I think carbs are bad (darling, I love me some carbs!), but I do like to add extra veggies in our meals whenever I can. Turns out, you can chop cauliflower finely into rice sized pieces and make a pretty yummy rice replacement. Woo-hoo!
I don’t have a food processor, so I simply chop. To be honest, it takes a while to chop by hand, but if you have a food processor, run the cauliflower through the grater blades and you can have your “riced” cauliflower on the table in less then 10 minutes.
Riced Cauliflower or Cauliflower "Rice"
- 1 tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1 head of cauliflower cleaned, cored and leaves removed
- 3 to 4 tablespoons gluten and dairy free chicken or vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop cauliflower finely into rice sized pieces or run the cauliflower through the grater of a food processor.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped cauliflower and stock. Stir fry cauliflower until tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.