Pineapple-Garlic Pork Chops
This gluten free and dairy free pork chop recipe is delicious and easy-peasy. You can easily make a second meal in a gallon sized freezer bag while assembling the marinade for dinner to stash in your freezer for another night. Yay! Two meals in the time it takes to make one. That is my kind of cooking! 🙂
Printable Recipe for multiple batches of Pineapple-Garlic Pork Chops for freezer cooking.
Printable freezer label for Pineapple Garlic Pork Chops
The Recipe: Pineapple-Garlic Pork Chops
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 cups dry sherry, NOT cooking sherry, dry white wine or more pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (or thinly sliced, like I did for the one in the photo above)
- 8 pork loin chops, about 6 ounces each, about 1 inch thick
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients, except pork chops, in a bowl and mix well. Place pork in a shallow dish and pour marinade over. Cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning once or twice. Prepare grill or turn on broiler. Remove pork chops, reserving marinade. Boil reserved marinade for 10 minutes to thicken and to make safe for basting on the cooked meat. Grill or broil pork chops 5-6 minutes per side, turning and basting once with marinade. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To freeze: Place all ingredients into a gallon sized freezer bag. Mix ingredients around, remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Preheat grill or broiler. Remove pork chops, reserving marinade. Boil reserved marinade for 10 minutes to thicken and to make safe for basting on the cooked meat. Grill or broil pork chops 5-6 minutes per side, turning and basting once with marinade.
Pingback: What we are eating this week:
Pingback: Blast from the past – Pineapple-Garlic Pork Chops
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – November 5, 2012 | Start Gluten Free
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – November 5, 2012
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – December 17, 2012
Pingback: Weekly Gluten-Free Menu Plan - Garlic