A fantastically fresh dinner salad we are eating this week!
Fresh Apricot & Chicken Thai Salad
- 4 cups sliced fresh apricots
- 4 cups diced cooked chicken
- 2 cups sliced cucumber peeled and seeded if necessary
- 2 cups bean sprouts rinsed
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. plus 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/2 cup mild-tasting olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili oil
- 2 packages leafy salad greens
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peanuts
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- In a large bowl, combine apricots and next 3 ingredients; set aside. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, cilantro, and sugar; whisk in oils. Toss salad with vinaigrette and arrange on plates that have been lined with salad greens. Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with lime wedges.