Pizza Sloppy Joes, Gluten Free ~ Dairy Free
Sloppy Joes? That taste like pizza? Oh, yeah! Gluten Free Dairy Free Pizza Sloppy Joes is one meal that gets everyone to the table. And, because you can prep and freeze it ahead of time, them cook it later in a slow cooker, it is one meal that is also easy on the family chef. Win-win!
The Recipe: Gluten Free Dairy Free Pizza Sloppy Joes
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey, not low fat
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, finely diced
- 3 cups gluten free dairy free spaghetti or pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped gluten free dairy free pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Brown ground turkey in skillet, breaking it up as it cooks. When it is all cooked through, add to slow cooker with all of the rest of the ingredients. Stir together until blended, put a cover on slow cooker, set to low and cook for 4 to 6 hours.
- To freeze: After browning turkey, allow to cool. After turkey cools, mix all the ingredients into a gallon sized freezer bag. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Put contents in bag in to slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours.