Gluten Free Dairy Free Chicken with Red Curry and Apples
Author: adapted by Angela Litzinger from GlutenFreeSpinner.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, main, Chicken & Turkey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed
- 1⅓ cups vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery including leaves, chopped
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1 bell pepper, yellow, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons gluten free red curry paste
- 2 teaspoons cream of coconut
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 2 cups gluten free chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons roasted red chili paste
- Heat oil in skillet and stir fry chicken until cooked. Add onion, celery, apples and yellow bell pepper, sautéing for 3-4 minutes. Add cumin, coriander, garlic, curry paste, cream of coconut, and ginger. Cook for another 3 minutes. Add stock and red chili paste and simmer on medium low for 4-6 minutes.
- To Freeze: Allow to cool. Divide the curry between the indicated number of gallon sized freezer bags. Remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Heat through. Thicken sauce with starch of choice if desired and serve over rice.