Sesame Chicken Veggie Salad
The Recipe: Sesame Chicken Veggie Salad
- 1/2 pound chicken breast tenderloins, halved lengthwise
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/2 pound fresh sugar snap or snow pea pods, trimmed
- 3 cups watercress or baby spinach, tough stems removed
- 1 medium yellow sweet pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 recipe Ginger Soy Dressing, below
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Sprinkle chicken lightly with salt and pepper. In a large skillet cook chicken in hot oil over medium-high heat until no longer pink, turning to brown evenly. Remove chicken from skillet; place in an airtight container. Chill at least 1 hour or up to 2 days until ready to serve.
- In the same skillet cook asparagus and pea pods, for 2 to 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Put into the container with chicken to cool in the refrigerator. You can cook the chicken, asparagus, and pea pods ahead of time and place in an airtight container and refrigerator up to 2 days.
- To serve, toss together chilled chicken, asparagus, pea pods, watercress or baby spinach, sweet pepper, and tomatoes in a large bowl. Add dressing, toss salad well. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
- Ginger Soy Dressing: In a screw-top jar combine 1/4 cup rice vinegar; 3 tablespoons olive oil; 1 clove garlic, minced; 1 teaspoon honey and 2 teaspoon reduced-sodium gluten free soy sauce; 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted; 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger; 1/8 teaspoon salt; and dash ground black pepper. Cover and shake well. Serve immediately or store in refrigerator up to 1 week; shake before serving.