Gluten Free Dairy Free Chicken and Broccoli Casserole GFCF
You can use left over ham or turkey in this dish instead of chicken, making it a great dish to make with holiday leftovers.
Author: adapted by Angela Litzinger at angelaskitchen.com from theglutigirls
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, main, chicken & turkey, casserole
Serves: 8 to 10
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, cooked and diced
- 20 ounce bag of chopped broccoli (thawed)
- ¼ cup gluten and dairy free margarine
- ¼ cups olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cups sweet rice flour
- 4 cups gluten and dairy free unsweetened milk substitute of choice (I like almond milk)
- 2 cups gluten and dairy free chicken broth
- ½ tablespoon dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup gluten and dairy free mayonnaise
- Divide rice between 2 8"x8"oiled pans or in one 9"x13" pan. Lightly press so the rice is an even layer. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook in lightly oiled skillet until cooked through. Place in top of rice. Top chicken with broccoli.
- In a saucepan, melt margarine and oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Stir in sweet rice flour and cook for 2 minutes. While continually whisking, add milk substitute a cup at a time. When all milk substitute is added chicken broth the same way. After all milk and broth is added stir in parsley and salt and pepper (to taste) and bring to a boil until thickened. Remove from heat. Stir in mayonnaise. Pour sauce over chicken. Cover with foil and freeze.
- To serve: Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Uncover and bake an additional 5-10 minutes.