Part of the September 2009 Breakfast and Lunch Freezer Plan.
Gluten Free Dairy Free Eggwiches
You will need to bake a double batch of the gluten and dairy free muffins from karina’s kitchen (http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2009/04/gluten-free-english-muffins.html). Or make my gluten & dairy free hamburger buns: http://angelaskitchen.com/2012/02/22/gluten-free-dairy-free-hamburger-buns/
Author: adapted by Angela Litzinger from Marianne @ Writermommy.com
Recipe type: Gluten Free, Dairy Free, GFCF, breakfast, eggs
- 8 gluten & dairy free English muffins or hamburger buns
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup cashew or mild “cheese” sauce or other dairy free cheese sub
- 8 slices gluten and dairy free ham
- Split and toast the gluten freeEnglish muffins. Scramble and cook eggs. Place scrambled egg (approx. ¼ cup) on bottom of English muffin. Place one slice of ham on top. Spread 1 Tablespoon of “cheese” sauce of choice on top half of muffin then place on top of ham.
- To freezer: Allow to cool completely. Wrap with plastic wrap and place in gallon freezer bags.
- To serve: Unwrap. Microwave for 35-45 seconds or until heated through.