My kiddos love to find these savory muffins in their lunch boxes. I hope you like them, too!
Gluten Free Dairy Free Corn Dog Muffins
This recipe uses a soaked flour batter, so be sure to start the pre-soak part of the recipe the night before baking.
Author: Angela Litzinger @ test.angelaskitchen.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, bread, quick breads, muffins
- The night before your cooking day:
- 2 cup rice milk with 2 teaspoon lemon juice or cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cups corn polenta or coarse ground corn meal
- On your cooking day, add:
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 8 gluten and dairy free hotdogs diced
- On the night before baking, place rice milk, lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup and corn polenta or coarse ground corn meal into blender; blend at high speed 3-5 minutes (the blender will “grind” the grain into a batter in the liquid medium. Let sit covered on counter overnight.
- The next day when you are ready to bake, add eggs, baking powder, baking soda, and salt mixing everything until well blended. Stir in the hotdog pieces.
- Pour batter immediately into well greased muffin pan or use paper liners for the muffins. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) 15-20 minutes or until knife or toothpick comes clean out of center.
- To freeze: Allow to cool completely. Once cool place in gallon freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.
- To serve: Thaw. Eat at room temperature or reheat.