Watermelon Slush or Watermelon Ice – Gluten Free-zer Friday
Head over to MJ’s for Freezer Food Friday. Then come on back and link your gluten free freezer recipe!
Participating in Gluten Free-zer Friday:
1. If you would like to participate in Gluten Free-zer Friday, simply email your post link to your gluten free freezer recipe (angelas_kitchenATcomcastDOTnet) or leave a comment below and I will add you to the roundup.
2. Link back to this post on the post with the recipe you have linked.
Today isn’t much of a recipe, but we sure like it at our house. We served this for my son’s first birthday party almost 13 years ago. He was such a little munchie thing!
(recipe also at this post)
The Recipe: Watermelon Slush or Watermelon Ice
- 2 quarts seeded, cubed ripe watermelon
- Freeze watermelon cubes in a single layer on waxed paper or parchment. When Cubes are frozen, put into a freezer bag or freezer safe container, removing as much air as possible. Seal and put back in the freezer.
- When ready to serve, blend watermelon cubes in a food processor or heavy-duty blender until pureed. Scoop into glasses and serve!
- You can a splash of lime juice or some mint syrup for a little something different.