Welcome to the home of Gluten Free-zer Friday! Head over to MJ’s for Freezer Food Friday for some other great freezer recipes, where I will also be linking up.
Participating in Gluten Free-zer Friday:
1. If you would like to participate in Gluten Free-zer Friday, simply email your post link to your gluten free freezer recipe (angelas_kitchenATcomcastDOTnet) or leave a comment below and I will add you to the roundup.
2. Link back to this post on the post with the recipe you have linked.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- ¼ cup orange juice
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ – 2 pounds chicken pieces
- To freeze: Place all ingredients into a 1-gallon freezer bag, mixing the marinade ingredients and chicken until the chicken is well coated. Remove as much air as possible from the bag before sealing. Lay flat in freezer. Freeze.
- To thaw: Take bag out of the freezer the night before, making sure the freezer bag is completely sealed. Place the bag on a shelf furthest from the freezer (It works best if the bag is laying flat, although this may not be the best option with a side-by-side refrigerator/freezer). I usually put the bag into a bowl or container in case of leaking.
- To bake: Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all ingredients into a large baking dish, turn chicken to coat. Bake until chicken juices run clear (about 30 to 60 minutes depending upon the chicken pieces used).
- For the crock pot: Put chicken in the bottom of the pot. Pour remaining ingredients over the chicken. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH for 4-6 hours or until done.