Slow cooker hot chocolate. Mmmmm…. Made with real chocolate, just what we need to start the year of right!!
Head over to Sandra’s for Slow Cooking Thursday and see what is in everyone else’s crock!
Slow Cooker Dairy Free Hot Chocolate
- 6 – 9 oz. good quality GFCF dark or bittersweet chocolate coarsely chopped (depends on how rich you like your hot chocolate)
- 6 cups almond milk or other gluten & dairy free milk substitute of choice
- 1 14.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar or cane juice crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Stir together all ingredients in slow cooker. Put on cover and turn on to low . Cook until chocolate is melted and almond milk is hot, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Whisk until well combined, then serve.