Hot Chocolate, Gluten & Dairy Free in the Slow Cooker
Slow cooker hot chocolate. Mmmmm…. Made with real chocolate, just what we need to start the year of right!!
Head over to Sandra’s for Slow Cooking Thursday and see what is in everyone else’s crock!
The Recipe: Slow Cooker Dairy Free Hot Chocolate
- 6 – 9 oz. good quality GFCF dark or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (depends on how rich you like your hot chocolate)
- 6 cups almond milk, or other gluten & dairy free milk substitute of choice
- 1 14.5 ounce can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoons sugar or cane juice crystals
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Stir together all ingredients in slow cooker. Put on cover and turn on to low . Cook until chocolate is melted and almond milk is hot, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Whisk until well combined, then serve.
Wow that sounds incredible! My kids all adore hot chocolate!
Have a blessed new year!
Oh YUM, this sounds so good.
Mmmmm that sounds lovely!
Pingback: Health, Food Allergy, & Sustainability Tidbits for You
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – January 3, 2011 « Angela’s Kitchen
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – December 24, 2012 | Start Gluten Free
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – December 24, 2012
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – January 21, 2013 | Start Gluten Free
Pingback: Menu Plan Monday – January 21, 2013