Gluten Free Dairy Free Morning Glory Muffins
Author: Angela Litzinger at test.angelaskitchen.com
Recipe type: gluten free, dairy free, gfcf, breads, quick breads, muffins, snack, breakfast
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup mild tasting oil
- 2 large eggs (or 2 T ground golden flax mixed with 6 T hot water until thick)
- 1½ cups finely grated carrots, packed
- 1½ cups bean flour blend (or ½ cup tapioca flour/starch, ½ cup corn or potato starch, 5 T garbfava flour and 3 T sorghum flour)
- ¾ teaspoon xanthan or guar gum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (increase to ¾ teaspoon if egg free)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup toasted and coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and coarsely grated
- ½ cup drained crushed pineapple or pineapple tidbits
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Cream together sugar and oil. Beat in egg. Add carrots. Combine dry ingredients and add to sugar mixture with raisins or nuts, if used. Mix with large spoon until well blended, it will seem dry at first but will become easier to mix. Fold in nuts, apple, pineapple and coconut.
- Fill paper lined muffins cups ¾ full. Bake at 350 F for 20-25 minutes or toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a cooling rack.
- To freeze: Allow to cool completely. Place muffins in gallon sized freezer bag, remove as much air as possible, seal, label and freeze.