Spaghetti Pie, Gluten Free & Dairy Free
We loved the spaghetti pie my daughter made so much we needed to make it again. Of course, I tweaked it a bit to up the flavor (but it is still super easy) and added a couple of ingredients to up the creamy factor. I wanted something that could replace lasagna in a snap, was quick to make but as satisfying when you want some comfort food done gluten and dairy free. Enjoy!
The Recipe: Spaghetti Pie, Gluten Free & Dairy Free
- 8 ounces uncooked gluten free spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium carrots, scrubbed and diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 pound sausage or ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce, gluten and dairy free
- 8 ounces dairy free cream cheese substitute
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup dairy free shredded mozzarella cheese substitute, divided
- salt & pepper, to taste as needed
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly oil a pie pan and set on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions. Rinse in cool water and toss with one tablespoon olive oil.
- While spaghetti is cooking, sauté onion and carrots in remaining olive oil. When onion is translucent, add sausage or beef. Breaking up meat, cook until meat is cooked through. Then add zucchini and cook until tender. Drain any extra grease.
- Mash together dairy free cream cheese and egg together.
- In a large bowl mix together spaghetti, sausage mixture, spaghetti sauce, cream cheese mixture and half of shredded mozzarella cheese substitute. Pour into oiled pie pan. Spread out in pan. Sprinkle remaining dairy free mozzarella cheese substitute over mixture.
- Place pie pan on baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until pie is set and bubbly. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.