I use the family pack of chicken thighs (3 1/2 lbs). They are on sale buy one get one free this week. Woo-hoo! I made up one recipe to toss in the freezer for another day. I serve this with rice and veggies. I think this would work well in a crock pot also.
My family LOVES this dish. It is so flavorful and tender. Serve over rice, mashed cauliflower, quinoa, squash or sweet potatoes. So good!
- 3½ pounds chicken thighs
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 tablespoons GFCF hoisin sauce (such as Dynasty)
- 4½ tablespoons peanut butter
- 1½ tablespoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1½ tablespoons GFCF soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1½ tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon GFCF hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ cup green onions, sliced thinly
- In a bowl combine garlic, hoisin sauce, peanut butter, ginger, soy sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice and hot pepper sauce.
- Remove skin and fat from thighs. Rinse. Arrange chicken thighs in a 9×13 baking dish. Spoon sauce over the chicken, coating all sides of the chicken with the sauce.
- Bake at 375F degrees for 45-50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and green onions.