Just so you know, that is a picture of my hubby when he was little. Isn’t he cute? Now you know why my kids are so adorable!
My crock pot is getting quite the work out this week. It’s the start of soccer and baseball. Gotta fuel up those kiddos. Check out more menu plans at Laura’s blog. They are looking tasty!!
Tues: Clean out the fridge “Egg-sadillas” with salad
Wednesday: Polenta in the slow cooker with Scallops (I’ll probably sear them in oil with garlic) and Roasted Asparagus
Thursday: Slow Cooker Cassoulet with salad
Friday: **edited**(Okay, so I though LAST week was the potluck, then had to edit my blog to reflect that THIS week was our small group pot luck. Oops! Now I gotta do it again!) Pot luck night. Stuff to grill and a dish to share.
Saturday: Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches (moved from Friday)
- 8 boneless thick cut pork chops
- 6 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced thickly
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup gluten free chicken broth
- ¼ cup dry white wine or sherry or more chicken broth
- ¼ cup fresh chopped chives or fresh chopped parsley
- Trim excess fat from chops. Using a large skillet, saute the onion slices over medium heat, trying to keep from separating into rings. Remove onion slices to a large plate; set aside.
- Turn heat to medium high and brown each chop for about 2 minutes on each side.
- When you have turned each chop, sprinkle with a pinch of salt and a generous amount of freshly ground black pepper. Remove pork chops to a large platter.
- Turn off the heat; add broth and wine to skillet and scrape up the pan juices and any browned bits that remain.
- Layer onions and chops in slow cooker, beginning and ending with onion slices; add the broth mixture.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours. Sprinkle with chives or chopped parsley before serving.
Menu Plan Monday
Monday, April 30, 2007